Logan BotasanNorth York, ON
My name is Logan Reese Botosan, I am an ambitious person who loves to volunteer in her Jewish community. I’ve always been interested in acting / performing for family and friends, and summer camps theatre productions. After high school, I attended the Toronto film & tv academy; this taught me a lot about the industry. My plan is to continue taking programs such as master classes, workshops & improve, to enhance my acting foundation. I am a multimedia creative involved in local peer mentorship, arts, culture, and holistic health initiatives. My passion for documentary film, photography, and public art has helped me collaborate with established and emerging artists for storytelling archives.
Safety Planning Kits
The Safety Planning Kits + Workshops will cover topics such as Emergency Preparedness Guides, First Aid, and Preparing for Extreme Weather. The Kits will include document protection holders, multitools, first aid supplies, and written safety plans. This project will increase Safety Planning Awareness to help individuals and families prepare for various emergency situations with calm and effectiveness.
About this Project
My project will involve and/or impact the following communities:
- At risk youth & children
- LGBTQ2+ Community members
- Racial or visible minorities
- Vulnerable individuals (e.g. those experiencing addiction, abuse)
- Multi-barrier populations
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
When it comes to community impact projects, the UN has created 17 Sustainable Development Goals. These are the Sustainable Development Goals associated with my project.
- SDG 1: No poverty
- SDG 3: Good health and Well-being
- SDG 4: Quality education
- SDG 5: Gender equality
- SDG 8: Decent work and economic growth
- SDG 9: Industry, innovation, and infrastructure
- SDG 10: Reduced inequalities
- SDG 11: Sustainable cities and communities
- SDG 17: Partnerships for the goals
- SDG 12: Responsible consumption and production
- SDG 16: Peace, justice, and strong institutions
How the project works
1. Assemble Safety Planning Kits. 2. 1 hr Community Forum on Extreme Weather. 3. Distribute Safety Planning Kits to participants. 4. 2hr Workshop on Your Emergency Preparedness Guide. [ Summer Safety, Flood, Severe Storm, Power Outage, Earthquake, Personal Safety ] 5. Project Report.
Increased confidence in Community Safety and Preparedness
This project will increase Safety Planning Awareness with Workshops and Kits that are designed to help individuals and families prepare for various emergency situations with calm and effectiveness.
Logan B. and Volunteers from local PSW Collective.
- Adolphina Wilson
- Margaret Cassell
Donate to Sprout to support fellows
Support young social innovators by donating to the Sprout Ideas Fund, providing capacity-building and resources needed to launch projects that create positive social change.Donate Now